Devin Reams wearing a teal shirt in front of a teal sign that says 'trouble'

Howdy! I’m Devin. I’m sensibly impulsive, consistently non-committal, and passionately impartial. I’m a technologist living in Denver, Colorado.

Blogging for Something

People sometimes wonder what the motivation for blogging is. When I think about it, I’ve been doing this thing before ‘blogging’ was cool (on, then BusinessBits) and I ask myself: Why keep doing it, Devin?

Effing MySpace

I swear, any time that I decide I want to check out MySpace (only means of communication with some in-duh-viduals) it’s broken. I click a page, it says “error, under maintainance” I say “liar” and refresh and, wow, page magically loads. For being one of the most popular websites ever how the fuck is this acceptable? If someone is making a MySpace killer, for goodness sakes, email me and let’s fix this? (Check out this picture from my account settings)

GMail Todo List

I’ve been keeping another secret from you guys. I have a genius way to keep track of my ‘todo’ list. GMail is so powerful I don’t know if people really realize it. Thus, my mini-guide to making your own todo list in GMail. (Hmm, before posting this I realized someone else has done this same thing, but hey, I still thought of it and it’s still worth sharing).

MySpace Downtime Sucks

The dipthongs over at the world’s shittiest website, MySpace, have had the site inoperable/down since 6:30PST, it is now over 5 hours later and nothing is fixed. Needless to say, my site has received a lot of visits/comments on MySpace downtime from kids wondering whats up. Who’s going to make the MySpace killer? Just import people’s profile and friends (reserve a spot for them by email address until they make it over) and transfer all that information, it’d be genuis. MySpace doesn’t deserve a second (or 22nd for those of you keeping track) chance…

Long Week

There was some shuffling of positions at work this week. I had to go in a few extra times. I really wasn’t anticipating it. I worked 74 hours. Fun. Time to sleep!

Top 5 Social Media Tools

Well, since I’ve been tagged by Noah I guess I should use this as an excuse to blog. The meme is: what are your top 5 social media tools? I’m assuming that this really refers to any social software. If not, who cares? It’s my blog.

Server Response SMS

If I can find just one person who understands these codes that’d make my day year. I don’t know why but I’d get a certain amount of pleasure using server response codes to converse. Someday, I can imagine this moving into everyday conversation, just like ‘lol’ and ‘omg’ I can tell that girl that her dress is 406.

Flickr Groups

I was bored and I realized how much fun pictures are. Seriously, I love the vast amount of media (video, pictures, comics, audio) online. I decided I was going to try to post a new picture on Flickr every day (until I run out of bandwith (or stop being cheap)). I posted a few today and created corresponding groups. The first is a picture of my keys; I’m interested in what everyone elses’ key chain looks like. The second is a screengrab from my semi-secret Facebook friends photo mosaic. Yay pictures!


Pirates Sucked

Not to say the movie wasn’t entertaining, but, ehh, there were parts that made me cringe. Hard to say because I respect Mr. Bruckheimer so very much. I knew if I went to this movie tonight I’d regret it. Though, if you’re a fan it’s certainly one of those you’ll need to see in the theatre. Personally, I hate movie theatres and their ability to attract the masses. Apparently the population in my proximity has an IQ less than my shoe size. Anyway, love the soundtrack and some interesting (albeit over the top) fight scenes. Oh, and I love a movie where I’m part of the 10% that understands the majority of the wtty dialog (whilst the other 90% enjoys the pratfall and slapstick). I guess it has humor for everyone…